Kalvarijos is a part of Vilnius (Lithuania) situated in Verkiai Regional Park. There is the Calvary church of the Discovery of the Holy Cross, a cemetery and the Way of the Cross of Vilnius Calvary with some chapels here.
Verkiai Calvaries (the Way of Cross, Lithuanian: Verkių Kalvarijos) have been established in the 17th century. The Calvaries were completed in 1669 by the supervision of Dominican monks. They have been constructed exactly following the plan of Jerusalem, with the distances, water bodies and elevations being very close to the original. New chapels were constructed in the 18th century in Baroque style. Verkiai Way of the Cross consists of 22 chapels, 7 wooden and brick gates, and 2 church ensembles. The Calvaries have been visited by Christian wornshipers from Vilnius region and abroad yearly in Pentecost. Almost all stations were completely destroyed in 1962 under the Soviet rule. After regaining the independence the reconstruction was started. Last chapels were rebuilt in 2004. Today the entire complex is reconstructed and is proclaimed an architectural monument of national significance.
[ source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verkiai_Regional_Park ].
The church, small chapels, the cemetery and the nature around make this place so calm and beautiful that it is really worth to visit not only for someone with religious interest, but also for hikers and nature lovers.